Tuesday, June 3, 2008

OH MY! WHERE DID MAY GO?

I can't believe that May has already come and gone and I haven't blogged one day of it. It was a month full of celebrations for my family and I will try and summerize it the best I can without boring you to much.

May 6th - MARRIED 31 YEARS- Mike really spoiled me this year. I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers at work from him. What a sweet surprise. I really didn't expect anything like that and it made me feel really special. His surprises didn't end there however, when I arrived home from work he had made a beautiful new flower bed for me, while I was at work. Again, I was totally surprised. I am sure glad that we have special times like this to remind us why we fell in love to begin with.


May 9th - Annie's Birthday -We are so glad that Annie is a part of our family. It is nice to have them close and We love when they come to visit.
Happy Birthday Annie!





May 10th - Mike's Birthday- We celebrated Mike and Annie's Birthday together on Saturday. It is always fun to have the kids here.









May 11th - Mother's Day- Today was a busy day. Alan and Annie came and went to church with me for Mother's Day. I really enjoy having them come. It is a tradition that Annie has established in their home and I benefit from it. Thanks Annie! Tiff and Kevin fixed dinner for me and they did a fine job. Great Job you two! Mike bought two beautiful hanging baskets for my house and they looked beautiful in front. I appreciate All my family and everything they do for me. Being a mother of such a great family is a blessing!!

Check out this cute card the kids made me.










May 16th & 17th - Weekend in Salt Lake- Mike took me away for the weekend to Salt Lake. He had made reservations at "Little America". We had a relaxing evening. We went to dinner and then watched a movie in our room. After a trip to Home Depot (okay everything can't be perfect), we stopped and got an ice cream and brought it back to our room to enjoy. The next day Mike took me shopping in Park City and then we returned home that evening to find all the kids at our house to wish me a Happy Birthday. For my birthday and Mother's Day the kids had made arrangements with Mike to take me somewhere so they could do "While You were out"! They put new trim boards up, built me a closet organizer, and painted my room and bathroom. They bought a new comforter for my bed and curtains. The even added some new decorations. It was AMAZING! I was so surprised and pleased! My FAMILY is AWESOME. The only draw back was Tiffany came and worked hard all weekend and then had to leave to go back to work before I got home for the surprise. I missed you Tiff!










May 19th- My Birthday- My birthday was rather quiet compared to the weekend but I was still flying high from everything else. I had no complaints.

May 26th - Memorial Day- Memorial Day weekend always finds us in Idaho with our extended families. This one was no different. We had our annual family get together at Mike's Dads for a barbeque and trip to the cemetary to decorate Mike's moms grave. Then they head North to Parker and Wilford to do some more decorating. On Monday, we decorated our daughter, Heather's grave and just enjoyed time with Grandma and Grandpa Schwieder. We all were there except Scott and Amanda's family and Heidi. They were missed but we knew their hearts were there.
May 30th - SCHOOL'S OUT- School is officially out for the summer! It is one of my favorite times. However, this year our head cook, Karen Luckey is retiring and not returning next year. She will be missed by me and the whole school. We wish her good luck.
This is our kitchen staff on the last day of school. We had a celebration to let Karen know how much she would be missed.
Well that was my May in a long blog. I will try harder to keep up better this next month.

4 comments:

BrandonKristin said...

Wow! What a fun month and busy! Now that you are done with school what are you going to do? I love the picture of Heidi and the little girls on your bed, so dang cute! What a great family we are lucky to be a small part of!

Mortons Love said...

Wow, I would say this was a post-a-thon. You had some catching up to do! May was busy, huh?

Michelle said...

All I can say is "I have been waiting for updates for WEEKS"
You have a wonderful family.
How exciteing to get a bedroom makeover.

Hayley said...

I love the bedroom makeover, what a great idea.

You have been missed from the blogging world.