Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An October to Remember

October has had it's wonderful days and it's hard days.  I for one am glad to see that it is over.  It has been so busy that it has been hard to catch my breath.  Here is just a few recaps of this eventful month.  (Please forgive me for the length of this post.)

Oct. 9th-  This was a very busy day as I was preparing for the blessing of the twins.  Heidi and Donnie had decided to have them blessed in our ward and so I was busy getting things ready for this special day and the luncheon.  I had gone to Logan to pick up a few last minute things and then hurried home so that I would be here for Mike's Dad when he came.  He was planning on spending the night with us and was excited to be here for the twins blessing.

 Bill had come to Utah on Friday and had gone done to Roy to stay with David and his family and then came to our home Saturday.  When he got here we decided that we would go have dinner with him at the El Parrel, a favorite mexican restaurant here in Tremonton.  After a nice dinner, with Bill we came back home where Mike and his Dad were enjoying watching some football games.  I was busy getting things done for the luncheon on Sunday and headed to the grocery store to pick up some groceries.

 When I got home I started looking for our 5 gallon water jug for the luncheon.  I couldn't find it and so I had come in to see if Mike knew where it was.  He came out to help me look for it in the shed.  When we came back into the house from the shed, Mike saw that the front door was open and proceeded to close it before going into the tv room to check on his Dad.  When he looked in the tv room, he couldn't  see his Dad so he looked out the window and saw that he was outside getting his things out of the trunk of his car.  Mike said that he turned and watched a play in the football game and then headed out to help his Dad.  When he opened the door he found his Dad crumpled on our front step not responding or breathing.   He yelled for me to call 911 and we proceeded to get him laying flat on the ground and Mike started CPR. 

I was very grateful for the fast response of the emergency crews.  Mike Tueller, our neighbor and a highway patrolman was the first person to arrive and he took over the CPR.  They worked tirelessly trying to revive Bill, but they never were able to.  Bill passed away that evening at our home, even though he was transported to the Bear River Valley Hospital where they tried everything they could to get his heart started again. 

I will forever be grateful for being able to spend that evening surrounded by my children at the hospital, and being able to reminisce about Grandpa Bill by his bedside.  I am so grateful for my children.  They are a blessing in my life.

Bill's passing has left a huge void in our lives at this time but we can not be sad.  He was able to live an active life right up to the end, he didn't suffer, he was with family(which was the most important part of his life), and he was able to join his sweetheart who had passed 19 1/2 years earlier.    Bill left this life at the age of 87.  He had been able to enjoy time with each of his sons the week of his passing.  We feel very blessed to call him Dad, grandfather, and friend.  We love you Bill and you will definately be missed.

Oct. 10th 
Adryana Jo and Abygail Grace's Blessing Day
Today we blessed the twins,  Adryana Jo Morton and Abygale Grace Morton.  It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  The sun was shining and we were surrounding with wonderful family members and dear friends.  As hard as the circumstances were,  I know that our Heavenly Father was there with our family.   Mike did a beautiful job blessing the girls, and they looked absolutely adorable and sweet.  They are definately sweet spirits from our Heavenly Father.

I will be forever grateful for a dear friend that took over Saturday evening and finished setting up and preparing our luncheon.    I had called to ask her a question just minutes before Mike discovered his Dad.  Not knowing what had happened she showed up at my door and lifted the responsibility of the luncheon from my shoulders that evening.  Karen, her husband, and mother had everything perfectly set up and ready for us when we got to the school for the luncheon after the blessing. I will never fully be able to express my gratitude to her and her selfless service.

Oct 11 -  Mike and I headed to Idaho Falls to begin preparations for his Dad's funeral.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life at times like this.  I am grateful for the knowledge that we will be able to be with him again and that our Family can be together Forever. 

Oct. 18-  The Sun was shining and created a beautiful fall day.  It was perfect for Bill's funeral.  It reminded me of the wonderful trip to Salmon that we took with him a year earlier.  In fact, we had talked of another fishing trip for the end of October with him the night he passed away.  I am so grateful for the memories that we have had the last few years camping with Bill.

Bill had served in the Army Air Corp and so they presented military rights at the cemetary.  It was absolutely beautiful and I was so moved by the respect given for his military service.  The flag that draped his casket was presented to his grandson Bobby, who lives with mental disablities and who spent a lot of time with grandpa Bill.  

Here are a few of the pictures taken that day.




Mike and his brothers

Our Family


 

Oct. 29-  Tiffany had foot surgery.  We have been trying for several years to find a time that we could slow Tiffany down long enough to get her foot taken care.   We finally were able to do just that.  We found a good doctor that we felt was the right fit and she is now recovering.  She will be totally off of her foot for 6 to 8 weeks but hopefully by Christmas she will be gettting around again. 



Oct 30 -  Grandma's Halloween Party

Every year I love to host a Halloween party for my Grandchildren. I love to play see them in their Halloween costumes, play with them, and even dress up with them. This year we decorated oranges to look like Jack-o-lanterns, played games, broke a pinata, and ate Pumpkin guts ( Macaroni & Cheese), Witches fingers (breadsticks) and had Spooky Milk (Chocolate milk) for lunch. We also, decorated cookies and did a little Trick or Treating.







3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, Janet. What a month. I couldn't help but get choked up reading about Grandpa Bill and the twins' blessing. Sweet moments. Hope you are doing well.

Shelli Roholt said...

sounds like you have been busy, so sorry to hear about Grandpa Bill, it's never easy, and I'm sure was bittersweet the next day blessing the twins, they are adorable. Hope you and your family are doing well..

Ashlee said...

So sorry Janet, I hope things slow down, but that's good you could be together as a family.