Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun

What could be better than a beautiful day, your entire family home with you and Easter eggs hidden all over the yard.


Sunday the kids and grandkids were all here for Easter dinner and Grandma's Easter Egg hunt. The weather was beautiful and the best part was having everyone home.


Some Highlights from our day:

Heidi made a special effort to come over and go to church with me. She then helped me with my active 4 year old Primary class. I couldn't have done it without her. Thanks Heidi!


Polly was so excited to see Uncle Kevin. It had been awhile since she had seen him but the minute she walked in the door and saw him sitting there she ran straight to him and climbed up into his lap. I think it made his day complete.


Amanda shared a special tidbit with me when they arrived. She told me that Macy was so excited to get to Grandma's that she was willing to miss Primary to come. I am glad that she chose to stay and go to Primary but I was equally glad that she was excited to come be with Grandma. I can only hope that it will stay that way as she gets older.


Hallie made Grandma's morning the next morning when she called to tell me how gorgeous she looked in her new dress that Grandma and Grandpa had given her. She told me: "Thanks Grandma, I love it!" How sweet is that. It makes it all worth it!


Daxton always wins me over with his quick smile and sweet kisses. He always seems to have plenty to share with me when he comes. I can't seem to get enough of them.

Scott and Amanda decided to stay and play a game with us before they left to go home. We don't get many opportunities anymore to sit down and play a game with them and so it was definately a treat for me. Amanda was the winner but after everyone had left and I was cleaning up, while removing the leaf from the table I found a couple cards under the table leaf. Do you think there could have been any connection to how the game was won? Just a coincidence I am sure.


Annie had worked hard to make some cookies to take to a dear friend who loves to spoil my Grandchildren. The disappointment was that they had left town and we weren't able to deliver them. The good news is that cookies will keep in the freezer and we will deliver them when they return home.


Tiff had gone to Island Park with some friends and so I didn't plan on her being with us, but she surprised me and made it home in time for dinner and the egg hunt. It made everything complete.


Monday Heidi and I were able to meet Kristin, Brandon and Zach at Temple Square for a wonderful visit. It was a beautiful day and thanks to Kristin we were able to get some nice pictures of our day.


Everything said, It Was a Great Easter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I am glad you updated your blog!

Mommamort said...

I know it has been a long time coming. Hopefully it won't be that long next time.

Mortons Love said...

It was a fun day! thanks for everything! Polly has requested to wear her new dress every day.

Ann said...

Loved hearing about all the kids and granddarlings. I thought maybe Amanda shared some news with you and that's why Macy couldn't wait to get to Grandma's. A little disappointed it was just to see everyone.

Shelli Roholt said...

janet-- it is so fun to check out your blog and my how your family is growing!!!! thanks for the comments on my blog-- i'll bet to you life at my stage feels like it was just the other day!!! i am so amazed at how fast time goes by and how fast my kids are growing up, and moving on!!! i know it's suppose to happen, but i wish it wasn't so fast!!!! Your family-kids, grandkids are darling and look very happy!!!