Wow, I can't believe that we are already into a new year and I have failed to update my blog. In fairness to me and my posterity I would like to recap that past holiday season. Forgive me because it is quite long.
Thanksgiving was pretty quiet and simple this year. It was the year that our married kids spent the holiday with their spouses families. So we enjoyed a small dinner with the honorable company of Kevin, Tiffany, and Jordan, (a friend of Tiff and Kevin's). After dinner Kevin climbed up on the roof and put up my Christmas lights, while Jordan and Tiff tackled the yard decorations. It was great to have their help. I think they should come back and take them down for me too. We missed Heidi that day because she had to work at the hospital. I guess the people there need to eat too.
That evening Mike and I left for Idaho to spend the rest of the weekend with my parents. While we were there Mom, my sister Ann and I dipped handmade Chocolates. It has been a family tradition for almost as long as I can remember. We ended up with approximately 45 lbs of Chocolates between the three of us. The best part of it all was the company. Thanks Mom and Ann.
On Sunday, the rest of my family came to Grandma's for a big family Christmas party. It is always fun to get together with everyone. Grandma and Grandpa always do an amazing job taking care of all of us. I truly have been blessed with GOODLY PARENTS!
It was also my parents 59th Wedding Anniversary. What a great way to celebrate their life and posterity.
They are the best parents that a kid could have. I love you Mom and Dad.
Before leaving Idaho to head home we stopped by to visit Mike's dad with all of our kids. We pulled out his Christmas tree and with the help of Macy and Polly we were able to leave Grandpa Morton with a decorated tree to enjoy for the holidays.
Christmas Eve- Everyone was home for Christmas Eve this year. We had a fun party which included Homemade Pizza's, coloring Christmas Pillowcases for the grandkids, the couch game for the adults and exchanging gifts amongst one another. Our family continues to grow and fill our home when they are home but it is full of love and joy when they are here. I am grateful for the way my children and grandchildren care for each other.
Christmas- We were awaken by the sounds of joy from Daxton and Hallie as they came to report that Santa had come. I love the excitement and wonder of little ones on Christmas morning. I think Santa was good to all of us, leaving us just what we wanted. The rest of the day was filled with sharing gifts with one another, eating Christmas dinner of Ham and scalloped potatoes, and playing games. We got a new game this year from the "Ticket to Ride" series. It is the Markil or german version. It has some different twists to it and we all enjoyed learning and playing it. Needless to say we had a wonderful Christmas.
We also, we able to meet Kristin, Brandon and Zachary a few days after Christmas for dinner at Firehouse. It was a fun evening and especially nice to have my parents here to enjoy it with us too.
New Year's Eve- This evening brought another party to our home, but this time it was just for the grandkids. Grandma and Grandpa had a Grandkid's New Year's Eve party. We had quesidillas to eat, made party hats and noise makers, played games, watched a movie, and celebrated the new year. The evening ended with a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa.
New Year's Day- This was a fun day of playing together in the snow. Scott and Amanda joined us, along with Annie for a fun day of sledding at Jackrabbit hill. While we were there it began to snow again but the fun was enjoyed by all. Afterwards we all came back to our house for a bowl of chili especially made by Grandpa Mike.
It was a full but fun holiday for us all. We are looking forward now to a great New year in 2010!





















4 comments:
Great pictures! Will you e-mail me the one of the kids on New Years and the sledding pics? Thanks!
You do have a good time. Those will be wonderful memories. The tree looks great with the ornaments too.
By the way, you never sent me pictures from the Christmas party. Remember the one who forgot her camera.
Looks like your Holidays were just splendid! I'm sure they were so much fun especially having you and Mike as the parents. What great parents you are. Love and miss you! :)
Hey Janet. I thought I'd comment instead of trying to catch you at school. :) We've got a new blog address, check it out, I'm actually posting!
Love your pics!!
Post a Comment