Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun surprise in the mail!

Today when I walked in the door from school, I found the most wonderful surprise waiting for me. This is what it looked like!


This is what I found inside:





GRANDMA
THANK YUO FOR

THE CLOTHS
(clothes)

I HAD

FUN

MACY






Grandma and Macy had a shopping date last Saturday to find her something new to wear to preschool this fall. We shopped hard and then had to stop and have a treat. It consisted of a cookie and rootbeer. Macy chose a giant M&M sugar cookie and I chose a White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut cookie. They were delicious. Macy didn't finish hers and wanted to saved it. After a little more shopping we headed back to Macy's home. On the way there she asked if she could eat some of her cookie. I told her yes, but that she might need to share some with Polly when she got home. After a few moments of silence, except for the cookie munching in the backseat, I heard "Grandma there isn't enough left for Polly." As I glanced back she showed me a nickle sized piece of cookie and then popped it into her mouth. I guess she knew it was her special day and treat and she wanted to keep it that way.

I HAD FUN TOO MACY!

There was also this beautiful picture enclosed to0 from my other sweetheart - Polly.
I love them both.
Thanks girls!!

And thanks Amanda for teaching them to be so thoughtful and helping them make Grandma's day. It was the best surprise and just what I needed today.




4 comments:

Mortons Love said...

I showed this to Macy and she grinned while I read it to her.

Macy says: "I'm glad you liked my card, grandma."

Mommamort said...

I am glad you liked it Macy. It made my day. Thanks! I love you and look forward to playing with you and Polly this weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute Grandma you are!!! Do you remember me???? A long lost friend. By the way, did you come through Boise on that Oregon trip?? HMMMMMMMMM.
I just added you to my favorites!
Love, Jenny

Michelle said...

How wonderful. This is the reason we are happy. Family