
We had so much fun last year that we decided we needed to make it an annual event. This year we decided to take in the OREGON COAST as well as check out the REDWOODS.
Oregon has the most gorgeous rugged coastline. Depending on where you were determined the type of coastline you got to see.
The last leg of our journey took us to Crater Lake National Park. The Lake is the most beautiful blue color I have ever seen. It is the deepest lake in the United States and is totally filled by rain and snow. There are no streams or rivers that run into it. It was created by a volcano that collapsed and formed a deep basin. It was worth seeing.
I must say however, that my most favorite part was being able to spend every minute with Mike. Realize that it only lasted for a week, or I might not be saying that, but it was nice having that time together for just the two of us. I felt lost when we returned home and he wasn't right next to me doing the same things I was.
We drove a total of 2500 miles and saw so many interesting and beautiful sights. I look forward to planning our next one.
Our first stop was in Twin Falls, ID where we were able to attend the new temple open house there.
It is a beautiful temple and it was fun to be able to see it.
While we were there we went and checked out Shoshone Falls.
They are massive falls and beautiful to see. We stopped to see them on our honeymoon over 30 years ago. It was a bad drought year that year and there was hardly any water going over them.
They definitely looked different this time!
On our way to the Oregon Coast we went up through the Columbia River gorge. All I can say is WOW! It is a one huge river.
We then drove to Portland and up into Washington, where we took the 4 Mile bridge across the Columbia River over to Astoria, Oregon. It is a L O N G bridge. You can't even see the other side.
Oregon has the most gorgeous rugged coastline. Depending on where you were determined the type of coastline you got to see.
After traveling down the coast and taking in the Lighthouses, we took in Northern California and the Redwood National Forest.
Of course, we couldn't leave without first driving through a giant redwood tree.
The last leg of our journey took us to Crater Lake National Park. The Lake is the most beautiful blue color I have ever seen. It is the deepest lake in the United States and is totally filled by rain and snow. There are no streams or rivers that run into it. It was created by a volcano that collapsed and formed a deep basin. It was worth seeing.
I must say however, that my most favorite part was being able to spend every minute with Mike. Realize that it only lasted for a week, or I might not be saying that, but it was nice having that time together for just the two of us. I felt lost when we returned home and he wasn't right next to me doing the same things I was.
Thanks Mike for a wonderful memory with you!
I LOVE YOU TOO!
We drove a total of 2500 miles and saw so many interesting and beautiful sights. I look forward to planning our next one.
Any Suggestions????
















10 comments:
I found your blog and I'm so jealous of your fun trip!! I've heard that Glacier National Park is awesome but I've never been...
I say your next trip should be to El Paso Texas and Zach and I will meet you there and be your tour guides! You can stay with us at my parents house and enjoy that part of the country--I mean desert!
Hi Ashley. Thanks for the suggestion. Loved to check out your blog if you want to invite me.
We are so glad that you took a MUCh NeeDEd trip!!!! Now...back to the grind of school :)
What a fun trip. Kinda different not having kids with you? I know there older, but....
Im glad I saw you at the fair. Good times...
That sounds (and looks) like lots of fun! I have always wanted to go to the Redwoods and to Oregon. Maybe someday!
What a fun trip... That is an awesome tradition.
Love the lighthouses! It looks beautiful there.
wow, look at all your comments, miss popular!
I'm glad you had a good time! Those are some familiar sights.
You've been busy blogging. Loved all of them. I think some of the Oregon pictures were from our ride last year. I swear a couple of the shore pictures are the same. Looks like a lot of fun. I missed the waterfall by the Columbia. Next time!
Post a Comment