






Even before Mike and I were married he has loved to go down the North Fork of the Salmon River. His Aunt Bonnie lived there near Shoupe, Idaho and he loved to visit her and try his hand at fishing for Stealhead Salmon. This year was no different other than he convinced me to once again make that jorney with him. It has been quite awhile since I have ventured up this way but I decided that it was time to make the trip even if I was invited along to be the cook. Alan and his family joined us, along with Kevin and Tiff.
The scenery was gorgeous, and the fishing . . .well it was an adventure even though the only thing that was caught were a few suckers, someones discarded fishing line that had a trout caught on it, and great family memories.
We experienced a variety of weather. Sunshine, rain, wind,fog and even snow. Saturday morning we got caught in some pretty dense fog causing us to make a wrong turn but with help of our trusty Magellan we were soon back on the road again. The skies were very overcast and rained most of Saturday morning but cleared out leaving it cool but dry. Sunday was a gorgeous day with lots of sunshine and a great day on the river. Monday was again overcast but dry until evening when the wind came up blowing fiercely and more rain which eventually changed to snow as the temperatures plummeted on Tuesday morning.
The down side of this vacation was discovering our car wouldn't start after I had finished packing it tuesday morning in preparation for our return trip home. Mike and I ended up spending an extra day there waiting to find out if it could be repaired. To make a long story shorter, we ended up coming home and the car stayed in Salmon. Mike and Alan are returning this week to haul it home and hopefully get it running again soon.
Despite car problems it was a very nice trip and I might not wait so long to go back again. Of course, I am sure that Mike and Alan will once again return in hopes of snagging a stealhead next year.
2 comments:
What an awesome trip. Being outdoors is the best isn't it?!
We moved to Texas just for a few months for Shane to play on a mini golf tour. It starts this wednesday, and ends in February. So we will be moving back to Utah then...sorry the blog wasn't very clear on what we are doing :)
Glad to see you blogging again. The pictures are awesome. I especially love Miss Haley in her pink shades. The kids always bring a smile to my face.
Post a Comment