Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER

We had a fun filled Easter day. The day started out with going to church. I can't think of anything better to do on Easter. I was just put in the Primary and today was my first week teaching. WOW! It has been a Loooooooooong time since I have been in Primary. A really long time! It was really different. I loved being there though and I am excited to try this again.

After church I came home and got dinner ready for the kids to come over. I just love having them all come and watch them play, talk, and laugh together.

We had an easter egg hunt and the grandkids had a wonderful time finding the eggs. Macy was a jump ahead of the others. She has gotten the idea down now and she filled her bag up pretty fast. I mean completely full! Polly took a minute to figure it out but once she did she really got into it. Hallie just liked doing it her own way. She really liked Aunt Heidi's help. Mallaree's favorite was finding the juice boxes that were hid around the yard and Brendan and his dad were a great team. Of course, Daxton slept through it all but in a few years he will be out there showing them all how it is done. All in all I think they had a fun time. That is where my reward comes is seeing the joy and fun they are all having.


After the Easter egg hunt we all enjoyed our traditional Easter feast, which includes Ham, Potatoe Salad (Scott's favorite), deviled eggs, and my special baked beans. Really nothing too special but the kids seem to like them. For desert we had Strawberry trifle which Tiffany helped assemble and it was DELICIOUS.

Holidays are about Families and I definitely love celebrating them with mine!! Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter too.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Janet, It looks like you had a WONDERFUL Easter!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog-- Heidi is just another friend that I have here in Logan and I hope she knows if she ever needs anything she can call me!!! You have a wonderful family and its great getting to know you all!!!
Amanda

Michelle said...

Happy Easter Janet!!
Looks like a fun time. I love the potatoe salad too. Weres mine?
Tiff your such a hottie... Any Boys we should know about?????

Mortons Love said...

It was a great time! Thanks for doing it all on your own!