Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Back In the BOOT Again!

I guess you could say that I am back in the "Boot" again. This the second surgery on this foot in less that 3 months. I hope it is the last.

Just sitting with my feet up.
Aren't you jealous??
Don't Be! It isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Today was the first doctors appointment after my second surgery on my foot.


The Good News - No more crutches!


The Bad News - The stitches stay in one more week!


Today they unwrapped it and I got to see what they had done to it for the first time. YUCK! I am glad to know that our bodies are miraculous and heal themselves so well. I am hoping that this time it will turn out right. The doctor was very encouraged by the x-rays and how my foot looked at the time. Please understand that it is still quite swollen and the ugly yellow stuff on it is the bentadine they put on it to sterilize the area before surgery. This is right after they removed the bandages.


The first surgery occurred Nov. 29, 2007. It was a simple bunnionectomy done at the Life Tree Clinic in Salt Lake City. The problems started first when the pin that was used moved and started to work its way back out. The other problem was it was causing the big toe to twist sideways.


The solution: To try again.


This time I had the surgery done at the Specialty Hospital in Logan on Feb. 22, 2008. This surgery was more extensive and took twice as long but hopefully the results will be better. I will say that the foot does look better this time despite how grotesque it looks right now.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Im glad you are feeling ok. I know you like kicking up your feet and relaxing. he he
Let me know if you need anything.

Mortons Love said...

looking good! Can't you just turn the camera around for a full body shot? It shouldn't be that hard.

The Morris Family said...

Hi Mrs. Morton,

This is McKayla and Madison Morris. My mom was looking at blogs and found yours, we just wanted to say hi. We hope your foot gets feeling better!